- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TemperPack is a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, Virginia. We design and manufacture innovative, sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. The markets we serve have an urgent need for disruptive, sustainable alternatives to replace the wide array of non-sustainable packaging materials conventionally used in the cold-chain such as Styrofoam coolers. Our aspiration is to provide packaging solutions that customers and end-consumers feel great about using.
Job Title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Supervisor's Title: Manufacturing Manager
Department: Encapsulation Department
Location: 4447 Carolina Ave, Richmond, VA 23222
We are seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor in our Encapsulation Department who will assist the Manufacturing Manager in the comprehensive day-to-day activities of the production area. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of hourly associates in the safety, productivity and quality of a fast-paced manufacturing facility. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages human and material resources to meet production goals.
- Sets up production lines
- Responsible for productivity expectations.
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Monitors headcounts for optimal production output.
- Manages the safety and cleanliness of the production area.
- Delegates cleaning responsibilities to hourly temporary workers.
- Ensures all workers within area of responsibility are wearing PPE.
- Coaches unsafe behaviors of production workers.
- Responsible for the quality of manufactured products.
- Monitors production lines to ensure products are produced to customer specifications.
- Coaches production workers on food safe production and adherence to GMP's.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of warehouse terminology and tools.
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations: production, shipping, receiving, inventory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 1-3 years' experience with inventory ERP systems.
Education and Certifications:
- High School or GED.
About the company