- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
BASIC FUNCTION: To supervise the personnel and plan/schedule the utilization of assets for 3rd shift Phaco Primaries & Secondaries departments to ensure the manufacture of products at an acceptable quality, in a safe environment, in sufficient quantity, and at an acceptable cost. To ensure success, a continuous focus is required to the needs of people, maintaining a safe environment and improving the environment, maintaining regulatory compliance, implementing continuous process improvements and methods improvements, achieving production schedules, and equipment maintenance and utilization.
1. Direct, assign and schedule work to meet required production levels. React appropriately to unplanned interruptions to the process be they equipment or demand related. Analyze and recommend repairs to equipment in areas(s) of responsibility
2. Provide and promote a climate to encourage communications with employees to respond to personnel issues and concerns. Respond promptly to employee questions/concerns/problems, evidencing a thorough understanding of all personnel policies and procedures that impact the workforce.
3. Train, lead, coach, evaluate, and discipline personnel in accordance with company policies. Evaluate employee performance and determine ratings as well as merit increases within established guidelines
4. Evaluate and make decisions regarding acceptable process conditions as they affect operations and/or product quality within the constraint of the documented process parameters.
5. Recommend changes to equipment and/or operations to promote a climate of continuous improvement within the facility.
6. Assure that operations are performed in compliance with all local, state and federal requirements (regulatory, employment laws, environmental and safety).
7. Interface with suppliers to evaluate products for potential implementation into the process.
8. Identifying and implementing continuous improvements, knowledge and experience in project management, engineering and industrial engineering methods.
9. Administer and approve employee labor and attendance records
10. Personal computer with Microsoft Office applications; Mainframe working knowledge; various assemble operations; simple & advanced measuring equipment; microscopes, etc.
Posting Date: 2/19/19-2/26/19
Work Schedule: 3rd shift Sunday night - Thursday night
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
2 Years of Relevant Experience
Business Unit MFG/TECH OPERATIONS AL
Site Sinking Spring, PA
Company/Legal Entity Alcon Research, Ltd.
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.