- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Ridgefield Park
Ridgefield Park, NJ
JOB SUMMARY FOR MARKETING MANAGER:
- The Cross Category Insights Manager partners with relevant business teams to provide an understanding of Consumers usage and behaviors across their Consumer Experience Journey for assigned business.
He/she gathers and analyzes consumer data and supports cross functional teams with their strategies and tactics.
Also supports analytical insights across the companies categories and reports to the Director of Cross Category/IoT/Smart Home.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MARKETING MANAGER:
- Conduct research, both Primary and leverage Secondary to provide actionable insights.
Independently manage most research, with support and guidance from manager on more complex studies:
- Primary: conduct research to understand and predict consumer behavior, e.g.,
- Qualitative: focus groups, in-home ethnographies, 1-1 interviews, etc.
- Quantitative: concept tests, usage & attitude studies, post purchase, etc.
- Secondary: Gather and analyze secondary data sources to address business issues.
- Manage full scope of Research Projects including:
- Deeply understand business issues and specific questions to address them.
Develop comprehensive research brief, that includes detailed learning areas and action standards, with stakeholder buy-in
- Determine and recommend best research methodology to address business questions
- Identify best vendor through appropriate RfP process (multi-vendor proposal review)
- Help negotiate best price with vendor(s), and manage internal finance process approvals
- Manage research vendor from research design (including sample, questionnaire, discussion guide), field work, analysis, reporting and presentation delivery; ensuring data accuracy throughout study
- Analyze and interpret data in Excel and create crisp, insightful PowerPoint charts
- Deliver strong learning, in story-like presentation format that addresses all research objectives and includes actionable recommendations within needed timelines.
- Manage cross-category budget and finance process that covers cross category
- Support manager in developing Consumer Insights learning plan for Cross category research based on business needs and learning priorities established with key business stakeholders
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR MARKETING MANAGER:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field.
- 8+ years experience in marketing, trade marketing, product management, sales or related field
- Electronics / Mobile Industry research experience very strongly preferred; otherwise must have consumer packaged goods (CPG) research experience.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR MARKETING MANAGER:
- Business Acumen and Impact
- Understand and support quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals achievement
- Strong Business Acumen to appropriately probe and fully understand business issues to tackle and provide meaningful, impactful recommendations
- Ability to confidently engage different levels and multi-functional stakeholders (up to VP level)
- Research Capabilities
- Comprehensive, up to date research and analytical techniques and methodologies (notably Primary research, quantitative and qualitative). Syndicated research (e.g., Nielsen, NPD) experience a plus
- Superior Consumer focused Insights and research experience; Shopper Insights experience a plus
- Ability to effectively manage projects under very little supervision to achieve team goals and complete work assignments within established time frames
- Vendor / Team Management
- Evaluate via RFP best vendor for each project.
Manage vendor to ensure clear goals, research capabilities and learning delivery within timeline and budget for high ROI.
- Communication & Technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey learning and actions to take
- Strong proficiency in development of PowerPoint charts and full decks.
Strong Excel skills to review, calculate and analyze data.
Proficiency in Tableau visualization and SPSS a plus
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, "Placing People First." Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we've set about challenging every part of the employment process.
Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you.
We are there, every step of the way.
Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world's top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world's best talent.
That's led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies.
We've also won many awards, including one of Crain's Detroit Business "Cool Places to Work," and 101 Best & Brightest
- local, national and elite winner.
And that's just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.