- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marketing Technology Product Owner - Apply Platform - 90214140
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: Marketing Technology Product Owner - Apply
Location: 125 South West Street Wilmington DE
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Barclaycard Marketing
BCUS Marketing is responsible for acquiring new customers, managing existing customer relationships, developing digital strategies and experiences, designing new products, running loyalty programs, designing creative, managing the Barclaycard brand in the US, and conducting customer search. Marketing supports the Card business, the Deposits business, and our soon to launch Consumer Lending business.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Overall Purpose of role
The Product Owner is responsible for the Product Vision, Road-Map and for prioritizing the Product Backlog to maximize the Return on Investment (ROI) for Marketing Acquisition capabilities. The Product Owner is both business and Product focused with an in depth knowledge of the goals and desired outcomes.
· Responsible for program, epic and feature backlog
· Ensure backlogs for all product feature teams are aligned to overall business priorities
· Create and prioritize items on the Product Backlog
· Track release progress and forecast release scope based on real data
· Work with the technology teams to formulate release goals and release plans
· Participate in, and actively contribute to, the agile team ceremonies
· Enable a build-measure-learn culture through empowerment to the wider Product Ownership Team
· Communicate status and progress to accountable executives and stakeholders and ensure the right support is in place
Product Vision, Strategy and Commercials
· Own and manage the product roadmap for Marketing Acquisitions
· Create, evolve and communicate the overall Product Vision and road-map based on market context and company strategy
· Define the desired business outcomes in collaboration with accountable business executives to support the product vision
· Maximize delivery of business value through iterative prioritization of project portfolio
· Ensure products designed and developed in the US can be easily re-deployed across our global markets
· Work with key Stakeholders, accountable executives and other Product Owners to understand key Customer problems that need to be answered
· Create Product's benefits case, develop relevant forecasts and measure impact
· Maintain up to date knowledge of and educate others about the overall market dynamics, latest tech trends, ideas and approaches
· Optimize the Product's commercial performance ROI
· Drive innovation by translating thoughts and ideas into tangible
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.