- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Master Data Engineer Job ID R96719Updated date 05/15/2020Location Plano, Texas Recruiting: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, TexasAt Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Data Engineer Master Data Engineer
Are you a lead technologist that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for engineers and architects who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop sustainable data solutions with current and leading gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Grasp / master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Build robust systems with an eye on automation and the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Work directly with the product owner and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
Who you are:
- Someone with a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, and takes pride in designing work products (code, etc.)
- A believer that good development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- A good communicator with strong reasoning skills, who can make a case for technology choices
- Curious. Ask questions and desire to understand the ‘Why’ to drive the ‘How’ or ‘What’ of a solution
- Self-driven, actively looking for ways to contribute, and know how to get things done
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of Data Engineering experience with Big Data Technologies: Apache Spark, Hadoop, or Kafka
- At least 3 years of microservices development experience: Python, Java or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines, CICD pipelines, and fit for purpose data stores
- At least 1 year of experience in Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master’s Degree
- 6+ years of experience with Data Architecture and Design
- 4+ years of experience working with AWS: S3, EMR, or EC2
- 4+ years of experience working with data consumption patterns in SQL or Python applications
- 3+ years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems
- 2+ years of experience with Linux systems
- 2+ years of experience with NOSQL Graph Databases
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
About the company