- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a Material Estimator -Mid Level in St. Louis to support our tactical aircraft and/or weapons programs. As the Material Estimator, you will be a key member of the Finance team seeking to acquire new business for Boeing. You will work in a collaborative team environment with Contracts, Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and other organizations in the preparation of price proposals necessary to support negotiation of new contracts with our customers.
- Preparation and maintenance of Priced Bills of Materials (PBOM) from numerous data sources Application of estimating methods
- Coordination with SC & PFA Contracting teams in obtaining necessary supplier pricing data, proposals, and Boeing supplier cost analyses
- Support of customer fact-finding, audits, and prime contract negotiations.
- Manage large and/or complex Priced Bill of Material from initial planning & development through prime contract post-sweep, and hand-off to Financial Operations.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 or more years of experience in a finance/supplier mgmt. or related role
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working on proposals and/or estimates
- Willing and able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
- Ability to proactively apply problem solving skills
- Works well independently, and as part of a team
- Self-motivated with time management skills to meet schedules with first-time quality
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Boeing acquire processes.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with customers and internal stakeholders including Finance, Supply Chain, and technical disciplines.
- Customer focused and collaborative attitude.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.