- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kansas City
Under the direction of the Team Manager, the Material Handler makes and/or packages product according to established formulas, processes and packaging standards. The incumbent will monitor the needs of production, supply packaging areas with processed product, and/or operate equipment to create finished goods.
- Set up and start filling and packaging equipment, load packaging raw materials and pack off finished product.
- Follow detailed procedures and complete paperwork accurately to ensure safe, consistent and quality product.
- Monitor operation of mixing equipment through visual checks of product and sensory evaluation of key component pieces.
- Able to detect color, taste or smell deviations from normal processing.
- Assemble component pieces of equipment belonging to systems and their auxiliary components.
- Obtain and return ingredients using a forklift.
- Perform Clean-in-Place (CIP) duties.
- Participate and receive chemical training.
- Perform checks on critical timing of equipment.
- Make product change-overs, package size changes, minor and major repairs on all equipment.
- Be responsible for quality and quantity of production on a daily basis.
- Document downtime and machine adjustments.
- Understand and practice loss control of raw and packaging materials.
- Assist in preventative maintenance duties with the assistance of the maintenance team.
- Follow detailed procedures and complete paperwork accurately to ensure safe, consistent, and quality product.
- Work with teams to identify process issues and improvement opportunities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Actively promote safety and identify unsafe actions and conditions through the use of a principle based safety approach.
- Perform other duties as required. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalency is required.
- Minimum one year of verifiable work history.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the use of proper tools
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Experience following detailed procedures and completing accurate paperwork
- Flexibility to support / train / work on all shifts
- Experience adhering to and following company, plant, regulatory, and customer standards PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fork-lift license
- Clean-in-Place / Sanitation experience
- SAP experience French'sis an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy,French's does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
About the company