- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division iscurrently seeking a Material Handler, 1st Shift Outbound to join our team.This position is based at our Duncan, SC facility.
The Material Handlerwill move material throughout the distribution center via receiving,re-stocking, picking, packing, shipping to enable the site to process customerorders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion ofevery employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, inventionand discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, brightprofessionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help usreach ours.
- You will retrieve appropriate styles & quantities of material from warehouse locations using appropriate picking process. Place materials in containers, visually inspecting product, verifying with scanning equipment if required, verify accuracy of product count. Utilizing same skills restock/replenish.
- You will unload and stage pallets of materials in appropriate areas of Receiving. Utilize packing slips to generate print move tickets, breakdown material, sort styles, verify count and restock appropriate warehouse locations via use of LXE computers to scan material, styles, location and re-verify count.
- You will support styles and quantities of materials picked. Visually inspect products, scanning and place in shipping carton. Place packing material in shipping carton to minimize potential of product damage during shipping. Place packing lists, content labels and shipping labels where appropriate.
- You will support and verify styles and quantities of materials picked, checking styles, quantities and diverting to shrink wrap or shipping lane. Generate appropriate shipping labels and load onto designated carrier.
- You will resolve discrepancies. Research all possible solutions to ensure order is accurate
- You will follow written and oral instructions. Adhere to all company policies and procedures including practice of good housekeeping.
- You will maintain quality workmanship, observe safety procedures, report unsafe acts and perform work of equal of lower classification if necessary.
- You must be able to lift 49 pounds without assistance
- Continuous standing, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or anyother status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from accredited institution
- Relocation is not provided. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Duncan, SC will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must beable to work specific shift hours and have flexibility to work overtime basedon customer demand
- 6 Months minimum experience withForklift/Cherrypicker/Reach Truck
- One year of experience in a warehouse/distributioncenter environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES AMER HQ MFGSC
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No