- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton in Sumter, SC is seeking a Production Associate - Material Handler onC Shift (Fri-Sun 5a-5p).
In the Production Associate, MaterialHandler role you will support our assembly teams and the shipping of parts to otherfacilities by kitting and pulling steel or copper fabricated parts and otherpurchased. You will locate or reorder partsneeded for specific jobs and determine the root cause for missing parts. You will effectively communicate and workwith members of a team to complete your job function and meet safety, quality,and productivity goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takesthe passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment wherecreativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’swhere bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—andwhere you can help us reach ours.
- You will contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive workculture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personalprotective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- You will work from travel document, blueprints and oral orwritten instructions in order to pull copper, steel or purchased parts forassembly. You will pull parts fromvarious warehouse locations and deliver to the assembly teams. You will reorder parts as needed.
- You will maintain expected progress of jobs in area ofassignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- You will proactively identify opportunities for processimprovement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues withquality or production.
- You will be responsible for quality, including measuringfinished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections ofmaterial, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- You will cross train and stand in forother employees/job functions when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
- Experience with processes and procedures related to steel and copper fabrication, purchasing, receiving, shipping, and inventory control.
- Experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Experience with Eaton systems including DMM, Swift and AS-400.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
Expected to work with some degree of independence and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No