- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
May 22, 2019
First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for prestaging and storing, moving and handling hazardous or non-hazardous materials for Production scheduling; oversees the process of moving and distributing materials for Production; maintains accuracy of inventory through manufacturing process; pulls orders for shipment; may use electronic equipment (laptop, computer, tablet) and forklift; and all other duties as assigned.Function Specific Activities:
The Material Handler is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Move raw materials and finished product within the Warehouse or Production facility, using forklifts (sit down/stand up) or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate Shipping.
- Inspect immediate surroundings (e.g., production, warehouse) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain warehouse inventory levels in order to prepare for anticipated demand using available tools or technologies (e.g., forklifts, ITS Mobile system, cycle counting, orders, and forecasts).
- Sort and set-up the daily production of orders by using SAP system in order to fulfill Production customer/client demand.
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for/from Production and/or Inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures.
- Verify correct information on Shipping documents/packing slips and in KO information system to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation on-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Review daily orders/production plans and review for updates from Manufacturing. Perform final quality check/inspection for accuracy and visible damage prior to staging material or shipment to customer.
- Responsible for moving product or materials in a production or warehouse environment using powered tools and vehicles.
- Operate industrial vehicles and equipment.
- Transport raw materials, full goods and/or finished goods to designated area.
- Load and unload designated trailers and/or route trucks. Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Move product and/or materials manually as required. Utilize computer systems for all warehouse functions, SAP experience is a plus.
- 1-3 year prior warehouse/stocking/forklift experience preferred.
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing environment a plus.
- Ability to operate a manual /powered pallet jack or forklift trucks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Forklift certification is required.
- Related Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Education: High-School Diploma or equivalent
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under the Coke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with others including Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, lime, or coffee. In 2013, Coke products could be found in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers downing more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day