- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Sun Prairie
Please discuss your availability and your desire to post for this position with your supervision before posting.You must have permission from Department management (Area Manager, Department Superintendent) to be considered.
The Material Handler Operator may be responsible for shipping and receiving or staging and packing responsibilities as well as participating in various support activities as needed. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Load/unload LTL and container vehicles, and distribute to and organize warehouse areas accordingly.This may include direct handling of materials, operation of roll handling equipment (including PIT), electronic and hard-copy record keeping, etc.
- Monitors SP and offsite warehouse processes and relevant conditions, including base and product rolls and related equipment, reports suspect or nonconforming conditions to a Supervisor/Manager accordingly.
- Locate and forward base rolls and process materials (PE, cores, etc.) to clean room personnel and subsequently repack rolls for shipping or restock.This includes direct handling of materials, operation of roll handling equipment (including hoists and PIT), electronic and hard-copy record keeping, etc.
- Monitorswarehouse processes and relevant conditions, including base and product rolls and related equipment, reports suspect or nonconforming conditions toa Supervisor/Manager accordingly.
All responsibilities must be completed by maintaining all company safety standards which includes, but is not limited to, wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), addressing unsafe situations with colleagues and/or supervisors as soon as they arise, actively participate in safety improvements across the site and maintain a clean work area at all times.
Skill Set Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- A strong commitment to working safely and to the safety of others.
- Ability to perform high quality, cost effective work in order to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to use tools properly and safely to perform maintenance tasks on plant process equipment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a self-directed team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Flexibility in approach to tasks and openness to change.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disability/Vet
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-Verify employer.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.