- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
May 12, 2019
First Shift (United States of America)
Job Description SummaryWhy Join Coca-Cola North America?
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.Prior SAP Inventory system experience is required. Job duties include the reviewing SAP process orders to ensure all consumed materials are recorded in the process order and that all process orders are closed in a timely manner. Reviewing SAP transaction process to ensure data is accurately posted. Also, generating daily/weekly/monthly SAP reports for management review and corrective action.
Essential Job Functions
- Release materials (e.g., ingredients, parts) and packaging against purchase orders or blanket contracts within agreed-upon lead times in order to assure materials are available in the right place in time for production.
- Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Implement cycle counting and/or annual physical inventories using inventory system reports, inventory location software and count sheets in order to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Daily interaction with Suppliers, Vendors and Customers to place, track and confirm orders
- Monitor supplier performance (e.g., quality, delivery, service, cost) using internal purchase order systems reports in order to identify supplier variances.
- Reconcile daily inventory sheet.
- Reconcile ingredients at month end.
- Create purchase orders ingredients and product supplies.
- Order bulk ingredients.
- Coordinate containment of nonconforming material or product hold.
- Become fully cross trained in Finished Goods Inventory Control and Materials Planner positions. Work in these capacities as required.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service, Logistics, Material Management, Quality, Shipping, and Production Departments to resolve issues.
- Support the The Coca-Cola Quality System to ensure that only quality products leave our facility.
- Comply with all plant PPE, GMP and safety policies.
- Maintain accurate file and record system per policy.
- Training of new associates.
- Ability to understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Any other duties as assigned to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes and work environment.
- Education - High School diploma or GED equivalent, secondary education preferred.
- Related Work Experience - 3 years’ experience in Material Ordering / Planning role
- Technical Knowledge – Proficient in using SAP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Location and Work Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment with some tasks required in the production facility and off-site warehouses. Work involves some exposures to temperature extremes, high noise levels, moving equipment and wet floors.
Competency Skill Set Minimum
- Attention to Detail
- Contributing to Team Success
- Problem Analysis/Problem Solving
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee o
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under the Coke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with others including Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, lime, or coffee. In 2013, Coke products could be found in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers downing more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day