- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Quest Industrial, based in Monroe, Wisconsin, provides robotic integrated solutions using innovative technology and experienced problem-solving specialists to increase line efficiency, maximize profitability and minimize risk. Quest serves a variety of markets including food & beverage, metals and plastics. Quest Industrial is a division of ProMach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, ProMach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on ProMach’s brands visit .
The Quest Materials Manager is responsible for Materials Management functions including planning, procurement, control and logistics to meet company objectives and customer requirements. The Materials Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations.
The Quest Materials Manager:
- Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Establishes procedures and supervises physical inventory.
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the company and the related logistic requirements.
- Develops and implements proper KPIs to enable performance monitoring and continuous improvement. This includes inventory, delivery performance (internal and external), cycle time, warranty, margins, and schedule adherence.
- Acts as a technical resource to other departments to address and resolve inquiries, problems, and any scheduling issues that may arise.
- Divisional ERP leader responsible to serve as process and subject matter expert.
- Develops and optimizes company policies related to the functional areas of responsibility.
- Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages.
- Oversees and ensures proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements. Investigates and follows up deviations to the production schedule.
- Establishes and maintains purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical partnerships with vendors.
- Assists in the development and implementation of visual management system.
- Educates, teaches and provides training and/or resources to maintain the required level of department expertise for business systems and processes such as ERP, inventory, and load verses capacity management.
- Maintains knowledge of current compliance requirements related to areas of responsibility.
- Continuously explores programs for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, and delivery.
- Maintains working knowledge of materials and purchased goods pricing trends that affect company products.
- Develops, establishes, and provides for the maintenance of reporting systems relating to the materials function.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions.
- Supports cross functional teams including Production, Engineering, and Project Management.
- Motivates and develops direct reports to optimize their performance and professional growth.
- College degree in business, engineering, or management related field. APICS, LEAN, SIX SIGMA and/or ISM training.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility in supply chain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience and expertise in an ERP environment, Infor/Syteline experience a plus.
- Strong leadership, financial, and organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office-specifically Excel).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Bachelors or better
- 5 years: manufacturing environment with responsibility in supply chain.
- Requisition Number: MATER03896
- Job Category: Operations/Administration
- Schedule: Full-Time
About the company