- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Jay C Stores
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage team members to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among team members with a positive attitude and create teamwork.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions.
- Inform customers of meat specials, offer samples, and slice meats to customers' requests.
- Recommend meat items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need and correct portion.
- Use all equipment, including a meat saw, according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to company standards.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review sell by dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise. Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Ensure Country of Origin Labels are correct for all meat products.
- Report product ordering and shipping discrepancies.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines and ensure that temperatures in cases are monitored.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs, safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance and notify appropriate store management of anything in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or team member accidents, safety risks, issues or illegal activity.
- Standing- 100 percent of the time
- Lifting- Maximum 90 pounds, Meat Cutter average is 50 pounds, Meat Clerk is 35 pound average
- Bending, twisting, turning, pushing, and pulling
- Manual dexterity- 100 percent of the time
- Tolerate cold- Meat room, freezer, and cooler
- Repetitive Motion- Hands and wrists
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication and reading skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
- Must be 18 years old
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Meat experience
- Retail experience
- Second language
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Columbus|| 4290 W Jonathan Moore Pike ||47201 || Jay C Stores||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- human resources
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.