- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Department: MFG Maintenance
Position Reports To: MFG Maintenance Resource Leader
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment, building maintenance and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts.
- Troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facility equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Maintain maintenance area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Utilize maintenance systems as necessary to complete daily, weekly, monthly duties.
- Operate material handling equipment safely.
- Enter information in the systems to document work order completion.
- Provide support to team in the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Participate and actively support all plant initiatives.
- Organize and define tasks with minimal supervision.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient knowledge and ability in welding, as well as electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Basic computer use knowledge and skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years maintenance mechanic experience
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Keywords: Manufacturing, mechanic, maintenance
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing:Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO||Denver|| 60 Yuma St ||80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant||None||Manufacturing ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- human resources
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.