- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Responsible for repairs and required preventative maintenance of trailers.
- Build, rebuild and repair all parts of trailer equipment, as may be required in the department assigned to.
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on equipment
- Must furnish own hand tools
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
- Physical activities include: frequent walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, using hands, etc.
- Knowledgeable of safe working conditions & competent of safety skills with all shop tools.
- Communicate with vendors regarding financial matters and effectively resolve issues with them. Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years Mechanical experience preferred.
- Previous mechanical/technician experience in the trailer industry.
- Assist and train other mechanics
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge about design and assembly of dry freight vans to the extent necessary to perform responsibilities.
- Trouble shooting experience. Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment: Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- This is an open air shop environment with varying temperature exposure to heat and cold.
- This is a noisy environment with moderate safety hazards and requires personal protection equipment.
- Work time is spent in an open air shop environment.
About the company