- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Des Moines
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Mechanical Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As a successful Critical Environment Mechanical Engineer your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
- Understand the design and functionality of your datacenter
- Work alongside a team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum to support 24x7x365 on-site datacenter operations and mechanical infrastructures.
- Act as the technical authority for on-site operations of large-scale mechanical systems and designs.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Design team to develop data center (DC) mechanical designs, starting from project conception to issue for construction (IFC) for new DC projects build outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Establish and coordinate maintenance & safety procedures, maintaining redundant high-capacity cooling systems; to operating and supporting datacenter backup electrical systems (diesel generators, rotary UPS, etc.)
- Steward vital infrastructure supporting deployments of Microsoft's online services.
- Assist with supplier selection and overseeing mechanical supplier execution
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success