- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- New York City
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, similar field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in design/build environments for mission critical facilities.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Experience in design, operational, and commissioning of large scale industrial cooling systems.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work in cross-functional, matrixed environments.
- Collaborate with Operations and Design teams to develop the mechanical designs, starting from master planning to project conception to IFC for new projects build-outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Be involved in new technology R&D and project insertions through collaboration with Engineering teams during the development. Create system level concept and schematics designs and carry through to detail designs to assure requirements are met.
- Own and manage all program level mechanical system issues during project design phase and identify and resolve issues with cross-functional Program teams.
- Be responsible for the development of site master plans.
- Provide and prepare all types of documents, including statements of work, engineering reports, design documents, TCO analysis, drawing markup, budget, schedule, and commissioning program documents.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate