- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job DescriptionWe are looking for an R&D Mechanical Engineer II to use multidisciplinary engineering knowledge to contribute to a team designing and developing innovative medical devices or components/subsystems in support of company’s strategic plan.
- Support established product lines in day to day activities such as NCMR investigations and closure, CAPA projects, product performance reviews, and yield improvement projects
- Support changes to and improvements in risk management documentation including DFMEA, UFMEA, PFMEA
- Generate design improvement concepts to meet specific design goals
- Use empirical and experimental analysis to evaluate design and/or process changes.
- Involved in test method and model development
- Identify potential issues with designs
- Work with internal departments and outside vendors to obtain prototype parts
- Support invention disclosures
- Support pre-clinical and clinical testing of devices
- Support design reviews and physician visits
- Plan, coordinate, and execute activity in support of project goals
- Gain an understanding of the quality and regulatory requirements of SJM, FDA and ISO regulations
- Independently manage time and completion of assigned tasks
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related) with 3-5+ years’ experience
- Experience designing, testing, manufacturing or other engineering support of deflectable sheaths and/or EP catheters required
- Exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes used in medical devices, specifically deflectable sheaths and/or EP Catheters preferred
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Solidworks or other CAD experience strongly desired
- Experience with electronic document control systems (Windchill, etc.) preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States Minnesota Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.