- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Fort Belvoir
United States of America - Virginia, Fort Belvoir
Serves as mechanical engineer supporting PEO Soldier, with duties as identified below:
- Conducts research, development and engineering analyses, design, experimental/hardware development and system integration in one or more of a wide range of individual soldier related technical areas.
- Application of professional knowledge of physical and/or engineering sciences, project management and system/component testing.
- Knowledge in control systems, materials technology, alternative power technologies, thermodynamics of heat transfer and air flow analysis, laboratory and field testing/experimental methods, system of systems integration and analysis, computer-aided design and manufacturing, and integrated product and process development.
- Serves as subject matter expert for all technical aspects of assigned program.
- Performs top level design, development, integration, testing, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical system concepts and performance specifications.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation such as specifications, engineering drawings, system interface requirements, and engineering changes.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the project engineer and/or technical expert on assigned programs.
- Evaluates design efforts to ensure integration of all the engineering disciplines and adequacy of the analyses performed, bringing in additional technical expertise as needed.
- Reviews test plans, procedures, and reports for technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests, as well as all failure reports.
- Reviews and evaluates system performance against specification requirements, monitors and assesses field performance, and assesses risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Initiates engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations as required, and conduct physical and functional configuration audits.
- Reviews program management documents to ensure accuracy and adequacy of technical content.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Position requires an active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience.
- Good communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Position may require travel.
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level I SPRDE certification.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Mechanical
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230593BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project