- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Samara is an experimental product development team at Airbnb exploring the future of human connection, building products and services that bring us closer to each other and with ourselves. We work closely with Airbnb, but operate more experimentally with the intention to push cultural and technological boundaries.
The Engineering Manager will lead a cross-disciplinary team reimagining construction technologies and developing proprietary building systems.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead and grow a team of mechanical, structural, and material engineers developing new building systems and construction technologies
- Set team goals, timelines, and deliverables and keep everyone on-track
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to harmonize different complex systems
- Work with product, design, business, and manufacturing teams to ensure that engineering strategy and planning is always in alignment with their work
- Thoroughly document research and development process
- Help plan the engineering team’s future and provide insight that informs the project roadmap as a whole
- 6 years of experience in a mechanical, structural or related engineering field
- 4 years of experience managing engineering teams
- Proficiency in engineering CAD software (Siemens NX, CATIA, etc.)
- Master’s degree in mechanical, structural, civil, or related engineering field
- Experience with mechanical testing, including load testing, impact testing, fatigue testing, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of prototyping processes (CNC machining, laser cutting, waterjet cutting, and 3D printing etc.)
- Knowledge of high volume manufacturing methods including injection molding, casting, sheet metal forming, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Authorization to work in the United States