- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mechanical Engineering Manager Summary
Mechanical Engineering Manager job opening in Detroit. A manufacturer of capital equipment is currently seeking applicants for a Mechanical Engineering Manager job in Detroit . Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking analytical, process oriented engineering professionals for this Mechanical Engineering Manager job opening in the Detroit area. This job offers competitive compensation as well as great benefits.
Detroit Mechanical Engineering Manager Overview:
The Detroit Mechanical Engineering Manager will manage and lead the Mechanical Engineering department. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will direct all activities of the technicians, designers, and engineers within the department. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will utilize engineering knowledge and metal forming experience to develop new products. The Detroit Mechanical Engineering will manage several projects simultaneously, ensuring that all needs are met according to the production schedule. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will work closely with Quality assurance staff to ensure that all standards are upheld.
Detroit Mechanical Engineering Manager Job Opening
- The Detroit Mechanical Engineering Manager will direct and supervise the mechanical engineering staff based on company policies and objectives.
- Receive projects and assign projects to department personnel in order to ensure success.
- Review projects and determine appropriate benchmarks and time lines to ensure that projects are complete in the proper order to meet the production schedule.
- The Detroit Mechanical Engineering Manager will check the progress of projects weekly and ensure projects are on track.
- Coordinate staff in order to ensure benchmarks are met and that projects remain within budget.
- Relay information on the progress of projects in weekly management meetings.
- The Detroit Mechanical Engineering Manager will coordinate with other engineering managers to ensure the production schedule is kept.
- Research and suggest new engineering tools for the department to utilize.
- Find and implement solutions for design issues and perform machine validation as necessary.
- Provide assistance to the purchasing department. Mechanical Engineering Manager (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- At least five to ten years of experience overseeing a design staff.
- Familiarity with principles of engineering.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing practices and processes.
- Experience driving progress based on performance metrics.
- Exceptional reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- A proven ability to lead and develop a staff. Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.
About the company