- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cape Canaveral US
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Mechanical Service Technician
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Mechanical Service Technician. This position will reside at the slag manufacturing facility in Port Canaveral, FL location.
The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical skills, be flexible on schedules and be results oriented. This position includes cross training in the area of production to provide coverage. You will be challenged having to repair and maintain heavy equipment. The opportunity to make a significant difference exists.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Must have basic Mechanical knowledge of conveyors, gearboxes .
- Inspect equipment for proper functional use and perform preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications.
- Must be able to diagnose equipment malfunctions and makes repairs and/or adjustments as needed.
- Upgrade areas with new equipment/technology.
- Proficiently work with outside contractors on special projects.
- Have a willingness to operate individually or within the constraints of a team environment.
- Knowledgeable in organizing and ordering of parts.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50-85 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching, and grasping.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Should have a background involving mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Must have knowledge of mechanical moving parts (chains, bearings and rollers).
- Must be flexible to work long hours to meet production requirements as needed
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
About the company