- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Training & Professional Services has an immediate need for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the design and modifications of aircraft training systems, both operational and maintenance. Examples of the aircraft platforms being supported are the AH-64, T-X, MH-139, P-8A, F-15, CH-47. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the development and documentation mechanical subsystems and airframes to be used on the aircraft training systems. Airframe design requirements include, but not limited to, structural design of weldments, sheet metal, machining and fused deposition modeling. Subsystems design requirements include, but not limited to, cabinetry design for computational equipment, I/O equipment, video and display equipment, aural cue and communication equipment, control loading equipment, motion seat equipment, and power equipment.
- Develop and document the mechanical system requirements and designs.
- Performing system tests to verify operational and functional requirements.
- Supporting the resolution of product integration issues and production anomalies.
- Researching basic technologies for potential application to company business needs.
- Assist suppliers.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred)
- Applicants should list their current cumulative GPA clearly on their resume. Prefer a 3.0 or greater cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Experience in mechanical design through internships and/or projects.
- Experience using Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems for mechanical design projects.
- Experience with collecting, organizing, synthesizing, and analyzing data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Occasional travel (10%) may be required in support of the program and customer.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opiods, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outline in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for the role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.