- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DescriptionGeorgia State University has a great career opportunity for a Medical Assistant who is committed to providing outstanding culturally competent, evidence-based care for college students on our growing campus community.Georgia State has grown to become one of the largest and most diverse universities in the United States and was recently ranked #4 in the nation as Most Innovative by U.S. News and World Report. The university is committed to providing high quality health services so that our students can succeed.
The scope of responsibility will include these specific duties but is not limited to the following:
- Assist with back office operations of the Student Health Clinic.
- Provides clinical support and patient functionalities to assure patient flow.
- Administers medications as directed; and measure vital signs, initiate chart forms, obtain health histories as well as perform assessments.
- This individual is responsible for completing lab request forms and collecting specimens.
- Must maintain confidentiality of patient records and follow all risk management and safety rules.
- Fill out lab request forms and collect specimens as needed.
- Document care and procedures on medical records.
- Clean and sterilize equipment.
- Prepare patients for exam and assist clinician with exams as needed.
- Provide education (verbal and written) to patients.
- Clean and sanitize exam rooms and restock supplies.
- Input patient information into the Medical Management Information System.
- Administer breathing treatments.
- Phone in prescriptions to pharmacies as ordered by clinician.
- Assist in making referrals to outside facilities.
- Assist with completion and notification of follow-up care when needed.
QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED. A diploma from an approved medical assistance and CPR certification is required and two years of medical office experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit11/21/19, 8:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Student Services
Location: Clarkston Campus
Job Posting: 11/07/19, 5:50:07 AM