- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Job ID: 1193350
Employment Status: Full-Time
Your Career. Made Better. BJC Medical Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary group with locations across the St. Louis metropolitan and outlying areas. The physicians, providers and staff of BJC Medical Group provide the highest level of care to thousands of patients every day.
St. Louis Bone & Joint Care specializes in Orthopedic medicine and is located in North St. Louis, MO.
Join Us! Role Purpose
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides patient care under the direction of a physician or other licensed provider. Performs select duties for the promotion of health in the care of patients and delivers care according to practice protocols and procedures.
- Cleans, prepares and stocks supplies in exam rooms.
- Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and prompt charting in the patient's record.
- Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy, EKGs, point-of-care testing and injections.
- Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and present relevant information to provider.
- Assists provider by preparing patients for exams, procedures and treatments. Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Experience
- No Experience Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Licenses & Certifications
- Cert/Reg in Area of Expertise Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Licenses & Certifications
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Benefits StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
.Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Legal Statement The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer