- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Answered high volume of calls and assisted patients with billing inquiries.
- Maintained the strictest confidentiality and adhered to all HIPPA guidelines and regulations
- Followed up on submitted claims; monitored unpaid claims, initiated tracers; resubmitted claims as necessary. Closed encounters using ICD 10 and CPT coding.
- Contacted and worked with all commercial and private insurances as well as Medicaid and Medicare for processing and verifying claims.
- Electronically submitted claims through the use of software systems. Printed paper claims for insurance companies who did not accept them electronically.
- Worked with various insurance companies to resolve denied claims
- Correspond with various doctor offices to obtain and review patient medical records to assess the viability of claims appealed
- Enter an of average 70 claims per day
- Appealed denied claims
- 3-5 years of billing experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume
- Bilingual is a plus
About the company