- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
About the Company: Dayton, OH company looking for a medical billing specialist to add to their team!
- Medical transport company with a long history of Dayton service.
- Reputation of being the most reliable and of highest quality in the industry.
- Believe in developing employees and providing tools for successful growth!
- Flexible schedule and great location.
- Past employees have stated “All management cares for their employees and strive each day to help their employees grow. Salaries and benefits are competitive while management is always searching for ways to offer even better benefits to their current, and future, employees.” Job Responsibilities of the Medical Billing Specialist
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims. Desired Qualifications of the Medical Billing Specialist
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Biller or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
About the company