- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Point of Care is a global leader in providing critical medical diagnostic and data management products for rapid blood analysis that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective. Our i-STAT System is an advanced, portable diagnostic tool that provides real-time, lab-quality results within minutes to accelerate patient-care decision-making. The i-STAT System has the industry’s most comprehensive menu of tests in a single, with-patient platform, including tests for blood gases, electrolytes, chemistries, coagulation, hematology, glucose, and cardiac markers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT System fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving improved operational performance.
Maintain and expand sales of company's portfolio of products in existing accounts and develop new business within assigned territory. Act alone and as liaison for various personnel to increase the company's market penetration. Continually develop growth opportunities within assigned territory.
Position Territory/Location Information:
- The territory for this position is the Hawaiian Islands.
- Qualified candidates must currently reside on Oahu.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
- Achieve sales targets through efficient and effective sales cycle and territory management.
- Maintain sales base while closing new business in both new and existing accounts.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (i.e., training modules, expense reports, sales forecasts, etc.) are completed promptly and accurately.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within accounts.
- Develop and execute sales strategies.
- Utilize available resources effectively.
- Travel within assigned territory is up to 50% and will provide customer-focused service and effectively support business goals. some regional, overnight travel is required.
- Understands and complies with all applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
Position primarily works independently within assigned territory; will work as a member of a consultative sales team as the sales cycle progresses; may mentor and/or train other sales representatives; responsible to manage territory within assigned budget.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; Associate's degree acceptable with comparable and relevant experience.
- Typically requires 4+ years of sales experience to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in assigned territory and other business locations in the USA.
- 4+ years of diagnostics, point of care (POC), lab, or capital equipment sales experience.
- Documented history of being a consistent sales overachiever (i.e., President’s Club winner).
- Consistently ranks among the top 20% in peer sales group.
- Has established contacts at IDN's and Hospital Systems within assigned territory.
- Possesses strong MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) skills.
- Highly proficient at using the Salesforce.com, or similar, CRM platform.
- Attended multiple sales training courses (e.g., Challenger, Miller Heiman, etc.), and is an active user of one or multiple effective sales methodologies.
APOC Point of Care
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.