- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Perform a wide variety of complex ultrasound examinations.
- Independently perform examinations after conferring with staff radiologist.
- Train radiologist, physicians, and other personnel in ultrasound procedures.
- Perform operator level maintenance and care of equipment. Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0649 Medical Instrument Technician
Help Help Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Must be registered with the Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography or be registry eligible, take exam and pass, within one year of employment.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter.
- This position requires Basic Life Support training certification from, or in accordance with, the American Heart Association and American Red Cross.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends, holidays, necessary to meet mission requirements.
- This position has been designated an inclement weather position.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual vaccination.
- This position is subject to screening and update of required immunizations.
- This position requires childcare background checks and investigation.
- This position has a Temporary Duty requirement of 5%.
- The duties of this position may require the incumbent to carry a cell phone and be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a rotational basis, based on the needs of the organization. Qualifications
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
About the company