- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Oklahoma City
Job Description OCOM Hospital
Location: 8100 S. Walker Ave, Bldg D, OKC, OK 73139
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible including company match retirement
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm (no weekends, no holidays)
To ensure that the process of collections on accounts and communication with patientsfor the hospital and surgery center is in a manner consistent with the hospital’s mission and vision. The PAR is a knowledgeable representative of the collections department and is able to perform any duty or function, as needed or assigned, within all aspects of the department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Works all patient account correspondence within 24 hours of receipt.
- Works all assigned insurance accounts TWICE each month. Must have the capability of making a minimum of 40 calls/contacts per day on accounts (does not include correspondence).Begin calling insurance companies WITHIN 15 days after initial claim filing.Bring account to resolution rather than checking status or sending multiple claims.Request medical records as required for claim processing.Provide copy of implant invoice as required for claim processing.
- Answers patient inquiries regarding billing by demonstrating superior customer service skills and problem solving, which includes assisting the patient with alternative financing options, payment plans and charity applications.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of all managed care contracts.
- Responsibility to report payer problems or concerns to management.
- Ability to answer the patient call line as assigned.
- Sends appeal letters when payment received is not according to contract or is different from verification information.
- Able to write up adjustment and refund forms as indicated by documentation and submit to the Business Office Manager and CFO for approval. All forms submitted must be accompanied by adequate documentation for decision-making (EOBs, receipts, correspondence, etc.).
- Record all contacts with insurance carrier or patient/responsible party in comments in Patient Accounting System (PAS).
- Follows regulations and guidelines protecting confidentiality of health related information.
- Complies with all USPI internal control practices and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Experience Experience Required:
High School graduate or equivalency. Prefer experience with PAS, handling patient benefits, and the collection of claims in a health care system setting. The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required. Must also have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a temperature controlled environment. Candidate must be able to read and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading, computer skills, and communication skills to deal well with the public (customers) as well as peers. Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch. Job requires sitting 70% of activities with minimal up and down activity. Job risk include exposure to computer for 6-7 hours per day with typing activities, lifting of 20-30 pounds maximum, potential for exposure to blood and body fluids (minimal), and exposure to infectious disease.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
About the company