- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Medical Insurance Verification Specialist - 00001UQ4
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Must be flexible to work any shift Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm
What you will be doing
The Medical Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for supporting all patients to ensure the prescribed drug therapy and pharmacy care plan are followed as prescribed and also meet the medical social and personal needs of the patient.
- Provides intake services and setup for all new patients
- Coordinates the patient's care with physician offices nurses pharmacists and patients.
- Performs insurance verification both major medical and pharmacy benefits.
- Coordinates prescription deliveries and refills for patients.
- Works with home health nursing visits and maintenance of a patient census throughout the course of their therapy.
- Supports other team members in the healthcare team.
- Ensures a continuous quality improvement customer service approach by proactively identifying areas of improvement and communicating those ideas to the healthcare team.
- Maintains current documentation related to the patients drug therapy and pharmacy care plan. Flag issues that need to be addressed.
- Coordinates responses and resolutions to issues with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Actively participates in round table discussions with Pharmacists Nursing Services and Pharmacy Care Coordinators to review cases and related drug therapy and pharmacy care plan issues.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in a healthcare related call center environment physician's office or social services environment.
- Healthcare / PBM benefit verification experience required.
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Adept at handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel Power Point and Outlook
What AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergen AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Carrollton
5025 Plano Parkway
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran