- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Overland Park
New Facility Opening Feb 2020
Medical Laboratory Scientist AdventHealth College Boulevard
Location Address:7025 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with four campuses
12hrs/week –1 x 12hrs shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Shares technical knowledge with co-workers; assists with training & orientation of new employees/students & serves as a resource to current staff, students, & physicians.
- Demonstrates initiative in work and other activities.
- Adjusts to changing customer needs by adapting work habits, schedules, or matters of personal convenience to improve service.
- Attendance pattern reflects commitment to job requirements & patient care needs
- Demonstrates & models positive behaviors which are supportive of change.
- Shows enthusiasm in the workplace; actively involved in promoting morale & encouraging others.
- Seeks opportunities to work cooperatively with other members of the hospital & system.
- Assist in the training of new associates.
- Willingly assists other associates during times of high volume workload.
- Works independently.
- Uses time efficiently when regular workload is done.
- Cross-trained between laboratory areas.
- Participates in and maintains competency requirements.
- Recognizes limitations & asks for assistance/instruction when necessary.
- Limits personal phone calls & business so as not to compromise productivity.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; openly admits mistakes & seeks ways to correct the problem.
- Responds in a professional manner to customer requests & inquiries, assuming responsibility for seeing them through to completion.
- Receives, prioritizes, and processes specimens in a timely manner to meet or exceed turnaround time standards.
- Performs & monitors the collection of laboratory specimens.
- Performs testing according to established procedures.
- Evaluates & interprets data based on knowledge of numerous factors affecting test results.
- Verifies normal & confirms abnormal results; provides appropriate communication & documentation in accordance with section protocols & in compliance with all accrediting & regulatory agencies.
- Recognizes critical results & documents action taken according to established policies.
- Utilizes critical thinking to recognize & resolve problems, documents corrective actions, and communicates to team.
- Performs & evaluates quality control, equipment maintenance, and instrument calibration as needed.
- Uses the LIS efficiently to order tests, enter results/documentation, & obtain information, in keeping with established protocols.
- Recognizes that the attainment of knowledge is every employee’s responsibility & accepts accountability for staying current on all written or electronic communication.
- Enhances technical expertise & professional knowledge by participation in mandatory & continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains clean, well-stocked, & organized work area.
- Understands & utilizes department resources, including department manuals, administrative policy manuals, safety manuals, MSDS & other reference material.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment and follows established chemical hygiene & biohazard protocols.
- quality control