- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LOUISIANA US
Medical Research TechnicianTNPRC - MicrobiologyLocation: Covington, LA
SummaryThe Medical Research Technician for the Tulane National Primate Center, Division of Microbiology will be responsible for performing experiments in the level 2 and level 3 laboratories. The Medical Research Technician will be trained by the PI as well as by the Institutional Department of Biosafety and will work on Risk Group 3 (RG3) agents such as Mycobacterium tuberculosis as well bacterial select agents like Bacillus antracis, Brucella abortis, and Burkholderia pseudomallei. Necessary experiments include those involving molecular biology, pathology, immunology and microbiology, in adherence with the Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) in place.
- A Bachelor's degree
- One year directly related work experience
- Experience with BSL2 and/or BSL3 bio-containment principles and protocols, both for animal and laboratory space.
- Experience in working with samples containing BSL3 bio-containment requiring risk-group 3 pathogens, particularly Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Immunology and flow cytometry knowledge and experience
- Experience with DNA and RNA extraction and purification.