- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $48,568.00 - $62,088.00 gross per year
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The Fresno County Department of Public Health is offering a rewarding and challenging career opportunity fora Social Workprofessional as a Medical Social Worker I. Incumbents in the Medical Social Worker I classificationare responsible for assisting clients and their families in coping with personal and social issues arising as a result of illness and/or health conditions.
Please note: The current vacancy exists in the California Children's Services program. However, the eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill vacancies in other divisions or programsas they occur, andmay be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties
Please click here to review the Samples of Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Please click here to review the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education:Possession of a master's degree in Social Work that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
License:Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirementsfor this positionby the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
- Please fully list your education and work experience, including current position. Failure to list current, complete, and accurate education and work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school's name, school's location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), type of degree earned (bachelor's degree, master's degree, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job applicationwill result in the disqualification of your application.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying education.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your online employment application, fax a copy to (559) 455-4788 Attn: Samantha Her, or hand deliver a copy to our office. Late submission of documentation will not be accepted.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below:
- Written Examination
- Oral Examination -An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL:
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
Please note:Applications must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, email, fax, orin person will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for this recruitmentmust be submitted online only. An online application may be found at: fresnocountyjobs.com.
Open Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions will result in the disqualification of your application. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca.
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. Mail fromHuman Resourcesare not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contactHuman Resourcesat (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Samantha Her
- human resources