- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Port Charlotte
Location: Charlotte/Douglas Intl Apt (CLT-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers.At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Credit Union Team within the American Airlines Credit Union. This position will be responsible for building positive relationships with American Airlines Credit Union members, which is key in understanding member needs and recommending appropriate products and services to fulfill those needs.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Opens new accounts, sells and processes Credit Union services for new and existing members
- Posts deposits and processes loan payments
- Processes various monetary transactions and maintains account information
- Performs Notary Services as required
- Creates and promotes positive name recognition for the Credit Union
- Works with branch/department managers and leverages cross-selling opportunities
- Researches member inquiries and provides solutions as required in a timely manner
- Maintains awareness of all branch functions and duties to provide proper support and coverage at all times
- Implements and enforces internal control and security measures in accordance with Credit Union policies and government regulations
- Fosters a culture that promotes teamwork, service excellenceand relationship building within the covered branches and overall organization
- Ensures the security and confidentiality of all account and related information which is part of their work and for ensuring that his/her work is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act
- Performs loan interviews, processing and disbursement activities, as assigned by manager
- Works a rotating Saturday schedule depending on job location
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) gained through either work experience with the software or education and hands-on use of the software
- Ability to pass applicable American Airlines pre-hire compliance checks
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must have an acceptable credit history, which will be verified
- Ability to exercise excellent member service skills
- Ability to perform in a service-culture environment with a desire to cross sell Credit Union products and services
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks and function as an integral part of a team
- Ability to interact professionally with all employees and members
- Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish is a plus
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and analyze data
- Ability to self-motivate with strong organization skills and capacity for attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work varying schedules, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain satisfactory
- College degree inbusiness, finance, or related area,or equivalent financial services experience
- Previous banking or Credit Union experience
- Previous experience in a service-culture environment
Additional Locations: None
About the company
Major United States-based airline, operating an extensive international and domestic network, and is the world's largest airline by fleet size and revenue, and the second-most by number of destinations, only after United Airlines. It operates from its main hub at Dallas/Fort Worth, and its hubs at Charlotte, Los Angeles, John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Miami, O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C., while its primary maintenance base is at Tulsa International Airport. The company, which is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, also has a significant presence in Boston, London-Heathrow, New York-LaGuardia and San Francisco.
Together with regional partner American Eagle, we offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights daily to 350 destinations in 50 countries. We’re a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members and members-elect offer nearly 14,250 flights daily to 1,000 destinations in 150 countries.
In 2016, American Airlines Group Inc. topped Fortune magazine’s list of best business turnarounds.
Founded in 1930, we’re now one of the largest airlines in the world. Throughout the years, American has created more than 900,000 jobs worldwide and supported close to 1,400 nonprofit organizations.
A talented and diverse team of professionals lead the way to success at American Airlines. Everyone's unique experiences and perspectives add value to how we approach and achieve our goals in this competitive industry.We want our employees to feel that American is a great place to work. Fostering a culture of respect and inclusion allows team members to achieve their full potential and that's key in helping restore American to the greatest airline in the world.Hear what chairman and CEO Doug Parker says about the importance of diversity at American.