- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $36,859.00 gross per year
Under general supervision of the Major or Designee,
- Will assist with the management of inmates with mental health concerns in restrictive housing and general population.
- Works closely with mental health and security staff in performing day to day escort and group activities to include hybrid of security of clinical duties.
- Documents and prepares written reports in accordance with mental health and security guidelines.
- Assists with supervision of inmates by establishing a supportive environment promoting core SCDC values to inmates with mental health needs.
- Under guidance of QMHP, conducts psycho-educational groups and other pro-social activities that qualify as out of cell structured time.
- Assists with custody related duties, escorting, supervision of recreation and showers, cell checks, suicide watch/constant observation for inmates in inpatient settings, residential mental health housing units, restrictive housing and general population.
Position located at Perry RHU Unit.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in correctional, security, or police work. A Bachelor's degree in human services or criminal justice field may substitute for the required supervisory experience.(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of StateHuman Resources).
A Bachelor's degree in a Human Services or Criminal Justice field.
Must attend SCDC Basic Training.
Filling multiple positions.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.