- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- Las Vegas
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
Google's network provides services to millions of users around the world. We manage the full life cycle of all spaces, power and network assets in all of Google’s metro points of presence globally. The team is involved from site acquisition to construction and is accountable for all existing and new POP locations.
As a Metro Manager, you will be accountable for staffing internal and external resource options, and allocating resources to achieve infrastructure build objectives and service SLA’s. You will be on the front lines of our efforts to deploy and maintain private data networks worldwide.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years senior experience with hands-on installation, configuration, and maintenance of network equipment for service providers or large enterprise.
- Experience with managing leased network service processes.
- 5 years of experience in either network deployment, IP networking or optical experience, or a combination of them.
- Experience on a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles.
- Experience as a technical lead.
- Be the primary POC for all stakeholder and customer requests in relation to rack, space, power, network infrastructure and service readiness for your assigned Metro.
- Manage and maintain assets, tools, test equipment and consumable inventories to position local infrastructure build teams for meeting their objectives.
- Commission and test routers, optical transport equipment, and other network devices in new and existing nodes across Google's global network.
- Generate implementation plans and provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities. Manage network documentation, updating and maintaining network drawings and plans.
- Work closely with project management, network engineering and rest of the engineering team to identify in advance potential problems in network installations.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate