- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
The American Express Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) team is the center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. The Global Commercial and Merchant Analytics team within “EDA” is continuously identifying ways to power the growth of Commercial and Merchant business with impactful analytical insights and products.
This NYC-based Mgr/Sr. Manager role partners with GMNS Marketing in US and the Merchant Recommendations product team in EDA to drive strategic decision-making via campaign measurement, advanced analytics, scaled insights tools, and disciplined test & learn. We deliver high-calibre analytic thought-leadership and deep expertise in exploratory analyses and data to improve Card Member’s perception of merchant coverage, which is becoming increasingly important in the US given Amex will reach virtual parity by end of 2019.
The ideal candidate plays an active role in embedding analytical thought leadership into all phases of partner planning and influencing the success of merchant-to-Card Member marketing. S/he needs to be customer-centric, and an evangelist for instilling metrics-driven thinking into all levels of marketing-related decision-making in the business.
- Developing and maintaining a close partnership with GMNS Marketing and EDA Merchant Recommendations team in the US market
- Setting the strategic tone by assessing business needs and developing relevant analytical solutions
- Identifying opportunities to standardize and productize our offerings, and product-managing existing insights packages
- Establishing prioritization principles and managing an analytic engagement pipeline for a variety of customers
- Voraciously consuming & actioning customer feedback to continue enhancing our core focus and the processes for delivering them
- Partnering with our own team in NYC, UK and India to bring best practices and analytic frameworks/products across the global markets
- Expert analytics: Thoughtful application of a variety of analytical approaches and delivery of clear & powerful insights and recommendations for partners with keen attention to details.
- A consultative mindset: The ability to think strategically & align analytical efforts to business goals, articulate business problems from the customer's perspective, cut through noise to diagnose core needs, establish testable hypotheses, and bring partners along for the journey.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Hive, Python, R, SAS, SQL encompassing data manipulation and statistical modeling/data mining techniques.
- A passion for data visualization & information display and decks that wow in their ability to communicate simply & clearly.
- Ability to establish prioritization principles and rules of engagement in order to manage high demand and/or conflicting priorities. Comfort with adjusting quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, and ambiguity.
- Success building strong relationships, credibility, and influence at multiple band levels.
- Master’s/PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Economics) preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 7:25:08 AM