- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cedar Rapids
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today. Role Overview
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Program Management, who leads medium-sized programs. Develops program plans, schedules, and budgets. Supports strategic planning efforts, solutions for program problems, contract negotiations, and manages important vendors.
Due to growth in our Advanced Programs, we are seeking a Value Stream Leader (VSL) to lead the pursuit and execution of multiple research and development projects. The VSL will work closely with external science and technology(S&T) organizations such as DARPA and the research labs within the U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force.
They will also work with other internal Collins Aerospace business units to collaborate on R&D projects and to transition innovative technologies to production programs.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading innovative programs and managing a matrixed team. They will also possess excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, critical thinking skills, and experience capturing S&T funding to augment internal investments.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Experience leading capturing and executing external S&T contracts
- Experience leading Avionics projects, preferably in the areas of Autonomy, Cyber Security, Open Systems Architecture, Formal Methods, and Next Gen Operator Stations
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
About the company