- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Aluminum Forming and Heat Treat Engineer to work out of the Auburn location. This engineer must be experienced in aluminum forming and heat treating including material selection and producibility analysis.
We're looking to have the successful candidate start mid-January.
- Provide BR&T support to Commercial Airplanes Fabrication in Auburn, WA.Candidate will primarily support the soft metals portion of the Integrated AeroStructures business unit which manufactures detail parts and minor assemblies
- Support metals fabrication processes including aluminum heat treatment, metal forming, machining/trimming, mechanical surface preparation, and minor assembly
- Support customer initiatives to identify, develop and implement material and process improvements to reduce cost, eliminate bottlenecks, improve quality and enhance safety
- Coordinate the involvement of BR&T technology experts as required
- Participate in root cause and corrective action reviews
- Use project management skills to support customer cost, technical and schedule requirements including development of customer-funded BR&T statement of work
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience in reviewing engineering documentation including drawings, models, specifications and standards
- 3+ years of experience supporting aluminum heat treat and aluminum metal forming
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of aluminum material selection and producibility
- Communication skills necessary to work with shops, design teams, and provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Strong communication skills in team settings, oral presentations and written documentation
- Degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering with an emphasis on metallurgy or manufacturing processes
- General knowledge of methods, techniques and test procedures to characterize material properties
- Knowledge of aluminum material properties as applied to metal forming, heat treating, and dye penetrant inspection
- 5 or more years of experience in an aerospace production environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of technology readiness assessment (TRL) and manufacturing readiness (MRL) methodology
- Experience using Finite Element Modeling software to simulate metal manufacturing processes
- Hands on experience prototyping tooling, equipment, and/or assemblies
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Knowledge of titanium forming and heat treating
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings, manufacturing plans, and disposition of non-conformances.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a union represented position
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- lean manufacturing
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.