- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators. We develop, demonstrate, and transition innovate coating and sealant technologies to advance the industry. Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
BR&T Materials & Manufacturing Technology is looking for an experienced Chemical/Materials Engineer to join our Chemical Technology group. Responsibilities will include collaborating with a multi-site team to scope, develop, test, and integrate innovative paints/coatings research/development/specification projects aimed at advancing aerospace products and production methods.
The successful candidate will:
- Be energetic; driven; handy in the lab; able to work under general supervision with no instructions for routine work; and able to work special projects with minimal instruction.
- Conduct analysis and qualification of materials, processes and equipment by conducting laboratory tests and documenting findings in accordance with specifications and customer requirements.
- Develop and revise documents, technical requirements, and test methods.
- Execute continuous improvement efforts by completing the design, fabrication, and testing of new concepts and technology.
- Innovate to solve engineering or production challenges in the area of paints/coatings/polymer science/sealants/corrosion, and transition them to a program.
- Produce specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- This position requires approximately 10% or less travel and the selected candidate must be able to handle some daily schedule variations (start and end times).
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
- The successful candidate will have experience in one or many of the following specialties: Aerospace or Automotive Paint Application, Paints & Coatings, Inorganic Chemical Processes, Environmental Health and Safety, Sealants, and/or Analytics.
- All candidates must have experience in a lab or production environment, with hands-on chemical or materials experience (internships or regular employment) and
- Materials & Process Engineering experience.
- Experience with polymer sciences, resin systems, and/or coating development.
- This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.