- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Boeing Research and Technology is looking for a laboratory technician to join the Manufacturing Research and Development organization supporting Boeing Defense Programs in Puget Sound and the enterprise. Position will support BDS and potentially BCA Programs in Puget Sound as well as numerous Engineering Organizations across the Boeing Enterprise. Position is located in Tukwila, WA. Daily tasks include engaging with engineers to develop, fabricate, assemble & test prototypes, shop aides, and engineering test fixtures to support production for BDS Operations in Puget Sound and engineering efforts across the enterprise. The majority of tasks will be performed in a lab environment, growing and mastering hands on skills through build and test projects. Ideal candidates will have the experience, abilities, and passion for hands on mechanical assembly and manufacturing operations.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Machining, assembly and evaluation of parts, materials, processes, technology or equipment through research and testing to ensure safety, reliability and adherence to requirements and specifications
- Collaborating to determine suitability of parts, materials and processes and coordinates resolution of issues with suppliers and customers
- Supporting continuous improvement of products and processes by designing, developing, fabricating, testing, evaluating and implementing new concepts and technology
- Providing knowledge and technical consultation to internal and external customers
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Experience with hands on machining and mechanical assembly and operations
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
- Design and assembly skills using CATIA and/or SolidWorks
- Experience utilizing MasterCam CNC Programming Software
- Experience working in a lab environment
- Willingness to work in a dynamic setting with shifting daily priorities
- Inter-personal communication skills
- Knowledge of aircraft assembly
- Analytical skills
- Familiarization with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.
This position is located in Tukwila, WA and does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.
This is a union represented position.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.