- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mid-Level Programmer Analyst in St Louis, MO, to join our HR Systems organization on new software development and support for the HR Learning Systems space.
- Develop, support and maintain the Boeing enterprise HR Learning Systems as part of our Digital Campus (including Skills mapping and assessments, learning data consistency, developing a learning “one stop shop” that is scalable for an international level)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, to interact with peers and business partners
- Work well with others on a team as well as independently
- Supporting and enhancing existing applications in an Agile / Test-driven development environment
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, drive to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and the skill to adapt to changing priorities
- Designs, programs, tests, implements, documents and maintains computing applications
- Gathers and evaluates end user requirements
- Writes code based on documented design
- Analyzes information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements
- Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality
- Strong troubleshooting and end-user consultation skills
- Identifies and resolves programming, integration, and application architecture problems
- Reviews system performance and identifies and recommends improvements
- Detail-oriented problem solving and analytical skills
Interested candidates must be willing to learn and experiment with modern software development best practices in a highly collaborative environment.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ year of experience with Agile
- 3+ years of experience with Java
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- REST APIs
- Cloud Native architectures
- Test Driven Development
- Paired Programming
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
- Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.