- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
BGS Technical Publications (GD) team is currently seeking a Technical Data Designer to support the team's goals and objectives.
To be successful in this position, the selected candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have a positive and flexible attitude.
- Researching and evaluating technical source data and specifications.
- Developing and maintaining technical publication elements to include theory of operations, operation and maintenance manuals,
- Developing and maintaining testing and troubleshooting procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, removal and installation procedures and schematic diagrams.
- Coordinating the preparation of illustrative materials.
- Conducting quality and in process reviews and validation of technical publications.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing all publication elements for all levels of maintenance for a new or fielded major equipment system or multiple sub systems.
- Experience collecting, researching and analyzing source data.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Active Secret Clearance
- Working in Arbortext, Sherlock, SharePoint, & MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with engineering/production drawings & documents.
- Experience developing new documentation for maintenance and operation in MIL-STD-40051-2B format, Preparation of Digital Technical Information for Page Based Technical Manuals.
- Experience with MIL-STD-2361C, Digital Publications Development.
- Experience with MIL-HDBK-1222D, Guide to General Style and Format of U.S. Army Work Packages Technical Manuals.
- Experience with MIL-PRF-32216A, Evaluation of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Manuals.
- Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.