- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
* Process mortgage loan applications in accordance with Bank and Secondary Marketing guidelines.
* Ensure compliance with federal regulations and established policies and procedures.
* Validate information supplied by the mortgage loan applicant for underwriting, update systems including automated underwriting with validated information. Document the file according to the applicable underwriting requirements.
* Communicate on an ongoing basis with the mortgage loan applicant and the Mortgage Banker the status of all files.
* Prepare each approved loan for submission to the Closing Department.
* Ensure each declined loan receives a notice as soon as possible after a decision has been rendered.
* Contributes to protecting the Bank from fraud, misrepresentation, and mortgage loan default and works for salability of the loan to secondary market investors.
This position can sit in Columbia, SC or Raleigh, NC.
Note: This position can be filled as a level I or II depending on the selected candidate's skills and work experience.
-OR- Associate's degree with 6 months experience in finance or mortgage processing.
-OR- High school diploma or GED with 1 year experience in finance or mortgage processing.
* Experience in use of business office machines (photocopier, imaging, calculator, personal computer) and experience with various computer software programs required.
* Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
* Must complete training and testing as directed.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
1 year finance or mortgage processing experience.
About the company