- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Provides quality care to the patients receiving diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures.
- Communicates patient needs and responses through appropriate verbal and written correspondence.
- Ensures documentation is complete and accurate regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Responsible for proper operation of imaging and specialty equipment as well as keeps abreast of uses of medical devices.
- Assumes responsibility and provides direct care for all procedures performed in this area.
- Ensures that patients have been prepared for procedures. Provides quality care to patients during procedures.
- Assists with patient and family education.
- May support or assist in research and related activities.
- Demonstrates an adequate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Provides more complex technical care necessary to meet identified patient needs.
- Assists with performing and planning multiple diagnostic procedures in appropriate time sequence.
- Acts as a resource for students and junior technologists.
- Completes procedures in Radiology Information System to ensure billing of exams/procedure.
- Prepares billing sheet and submits per guidelines.
- Responsible for completing all aspects of patient care documentation as required in imaging services.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology and at a minimum be registered with the ARRT.
- CPR certification required.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience with one (1) year in MR. Advanced certification in MR preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
About the company