- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Multi-Asset Portfolio ManagerWELLINGTON MANAGEMENT
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Investment Strategy (iStrat) group manages approximately $38 billion in multi-asset, absolute return, income and unconstrained portfolios. The iStrat group is also responsible for delivering bespoke, customized investment solutions and research, and assisting clients with long-term asset allocation themes, strategies and policy issues. Within this team, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Multi-Asset Portfolio Manager to actively manage and expand our multi-manager asset allocation suite of investment products. This role could be based in any of our major offices including Boston, London, Hong Kong or Singapore.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing asset allocation investment decisions expressed through optimal portfolio construction;
- Collaborating with members of the Investment Strategy group to design and deliver best-in-class multi-asset portfolios and solutions to institutional clients globally;
- Actively contributing to the team's strategic asset allocation and dynamic asset allocation process. This research will span equities, fixed income, alternatives and regional and country allocations;
- Working closely with Investment Strategy's Manager Research team to identify which of the firm's fundamental and quantitative equity, fixed income and macro analysts and portfolio managers can play various roles in multi-asset strategies;
- Contribute best practices and lessons learned to the broader team's portfolio construction efforts in multi-manager and multi-asset solutions;
- Contributing to the strong investment culture of the team and the firm; and most importantly,
- Driving strong investment results on behalf of clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the investment management industry, preferably managing multi-asset portfolios for institutional clients;
- Ability and track record of generating money through asset allocation decisions;
- Strong portfolio construction and risk management expertise;
- A demonstrable passion for investing and capital markets;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Versatility and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; and
- Strong academic credentials: MBA/CFA preferred.
Multi-Asset Portfolio Manager
Data Conversion, Portfolio Management
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .