- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Quality Food Centers
Position Summary: Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist department manager in achieving sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Work closely with the Murray's team, as well as the Deli/Bakery department to create an environment that is engaging to customers. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions: · Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Inform customers of Murray's Cheese specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Order, label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Use all equipment in cheese shop such as refrigerators, freezers, slicers, ovens, baler, u-boats, compactor, forklift, and pallet jacks according to company guidelines.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products when requested by customer.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent knife skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Sous Chef experience
- Culinary Arts Experience / Background
Jobs at QFC:QFC is seeking friendly Associates who are passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. If you’re interested in joining the QFC team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA||Seattle|| 1401 Broadway ||98122 || Quality Food Centers||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None