- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1.8 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding artists and creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
As the Music Talent Program Lead, you will be responsible for securing musical talent for event and performance opportunities across YouTube and Google. In this role you will connect and build relationships with internal Google teams looking for artist engagement, helping define and amplify events. You possess experience securing musical talent, have exceptional relationships in the music industry, and the skills that enable you to excel in cross-functional work flows across multiple areas.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in managing, booking, promoting or working in direct contact with artists and their related businesses.
- Experience in working cross-functionally across a business.
- Experience in artist management, label product management, artist relations, and/or artist marketing.
- Experience in handling high stress situations with creative individuals and remaining focused on accomplishing the task at hand.
- Familiar with how live performances and appearances work.
- Willingness and ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate artist satisfaction.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to handle and coordinate multiple artist activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to take initiative and build productive relationships.
- Own the day-to-day responsibility of securing musical talent for events and artist performances.
- Handle large volumes of artist performance requests from partners and internal stakeholders, prioritize them internally, and set expectations for resolution. Work cross-functionally to create performance opportunities for artists.
- Represent YouTube within the live performance agency realm of the music industry, and facilitate artist engagements within various channels at Google.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to program performances and artist interactions within YouTube Spaces and North American Google office locations, providing oversight to the artist and label teams throughout production and execution.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate